35-2023 - APS6 Senior Executive Assistant
- Job number:
- Work type:
- ACT, Canberra
- Office Administration, APS Level 6
About the Role – Senior Executive Assistant
The Treasury is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to provide executive support and administrative activities to the Deputy Secretary. There is currently one position available however a merit pool will be created to fill similar vacancies that may arise in the future.
The Senior Executive Assistant requires excellent written and oral communication skills and will need to be extremely proficient in a range of computer-based applications to develop correspondence, reports and presentations. As a critical member of the team that supports the Deputy Secretary and working operations of the office, you will work closely with the Executive Officer and be receptive to tasking from multiple officers at varying levels of seniority.
Working in a high-pressure environment with competing demands, the Senior Executive Assistant will have exceptional time management and prioritisation skills, ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, have a flexible and agile approach to work and be confident in providing advice and communicating effectively on behalf of the Deputy Secretary in a timely manner.
As an experienced Executive Assistant, in this position you will:
- undertake and lead high-level administrative tasks and logistics that support Treasury business including phone and email management; scheduling tasks; records management; human resources planning and actions; procurement; meeting and event management; and travel and accommodation
- handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and model ethical behaviour and practices consistent with the APS Code of Conduct and APS Values
- develop and maintain complex internal and external relationships with stakeholders and lead and guide the Executive Assistant cohort for the Group
- use Treasury systems effectively such as Expense8, TechOne and PDMS and develop complex workplace documents such as briefings, reports and correspondence
- developing and manage information resources such as procedures, processes and documents and manage or coordinate a program, project or initiative as required.
- participate in a roster system to ensure the Executive has support coverage from 08:00-17:30 each working day.
To be an ideal candidate you will:
- have initiative, a can-do, positive attitude and would describe yourself as a person who can balance multiple competing priorities, meet timeframes and with limited direction;
- be highly organised and an adept multi-tasker who can triage and reprioritise tasks;
- have initiative, judgement and discretion, recognise issues and anticipate and respond to the needs of the SES Officer/s you are working with;
- be highly approachable and a relationship builder who can negotiate confidently with a range of key internal and external stakeholders;
- have excellent verbal, written communication and inter-personal skills.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Ideally, applicants will have a minimum of three years’ experience providing executive and administrative support to senior executive officers, or to those in equivalent roles. Qualifications in office support or administration/management would be desirable.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Joanne Croft on 02 6263 2079 or via email (Joanne.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results