30-2023 - EL1 Design Lead, Communications Branch, CD
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Media/Communications, Executive Level 1
About the Role
The design lead is responsible for the design and delivery of digital and print products across multiple channels.
- Work closely with all areas of the Communications Branch to design and deliver high quality solutions for social media (animations and web ready graphics), internal communications products (digital signage, intranet graphics), websites, publications and infographics for both internal and external audiences.
- Oversee the output of all creative assets, includes providing creative direction and ensuring quality control is upheld and compliance with Australian Government branding and Accessibility requirements.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation at all levels, including the executive and ministerial offices as required.
- Liaise with and coordinate external suppliers (including contractors and consultants) and internal resources ensuring timely project delivery.
- Define, consult and advise on graphic design and production requirements as needed.
- Provide high-level creative advice and solution design, including participation in key meetings.
- Supervise other graphic designers within the team, includes workload management and development guidance.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the design, digital and video industries.
- Maintain Treasury’s corporate brand strategy, includes advising staff accordingly and ensuring compliance across all outputs.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or a minimum of 6 years professional experience in Graphic Design.
- Demonstrated highly developed graphic design skills (both technical and conceptual) with the ability to translate designs and concepts across a variety of media.
- Highly skilled in both the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and define creative briefs and deliver high-quality executions from concept development through to final production.
- Experience in developing and working with branding standards and guidelines.
- Experience in website and digital design including the ability to work with developers.
- Experience in video production and animation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Can clearly and proactively communicate with individuals across multiple teams and departments.
- Can work under limited direction and exercise sound decision making and judgement, as needed.
- Up to date understanding and awareness of the design, digital and publishing industries.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Sarah Christie, phone, 02 6263 4724 or via email Sarah.Christie@treasury.gov.au or Emma Geelan, phone 02 6263 1538 or via email Emma.Geelan@treasury.gov.au.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results