64-2022 - APS4 Payroll Officer, People and Organisational Strategy Branch, CFIG
- Job number:
- Work type:
- ACT, Canberra
- Finance/Accounting, APS Level 4
The Treasury is seeking dynamic and results-driven professionals to join the Treasury as APS Level 4 Payroll Officer in the department's Payroll Services Team.
The successful applicant will need to be proficient in a range of computer-based applications, be able to respond effectively to enquiries and provide advice as required.
Reporting to the Senior Payroll Team Leader, key duties include:
• processing salary variations and the calculations of allowances, including final entitlements for staff cessations;
• administering superannuation and taxation legislation;
• effecting staff movements and leave records;
• interpreting various relevant legislation and enterprise agreements and advising staff on their entitlements and conditions of service where appropriate;
• engaging with business process improvement initiatives and key strategic projects;
• using systems, computer-based applications and other tools for administration and data entry; and
• participating in, and contributing to, broader departmental and branch objectives.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• work experience across a range of payroll functions;
• demonstrated experience with a Human Resource Information System (HRIS), preferably Aurion;
• relevant tertiary qualifications are highly desirable;
• strong customer service focus;
• ability to work within a team; and
• to adhere to time frames.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results