36-2022 - EL1 Assistant Director, Learning and Development, POSB, COOD
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Human Resources (HR), Executive Level 1
About the Team
The main role of Treasury’s Learning and Development (L&D) function is to identify and plan for departmental L&D requirements, create and manage learning programs and development initiatives, and support employees participating in L&D programs. The team works closely with various groups and divisions to assist them with their specific L&D issues.
What you will do
The Assistant Director (Learning and Development) is part of the Capability Team. Under broad direction, the Assistant Director will:
- Implement the L&D Action Plan as a foundation for the L&D Strategy to be developed in 2023
- Provide technical L&D advice on L&D solutions, approaches, instructional design, curriculum development, innovation and evaluation
- Work with business areas and external partners to deliver a suite of leadership, managerial, policy, economics and legal L&D programs
- Promote L&D opportunities across the department
- Provide information on current learning opportunities through the APS Academy which develop APS Craft capabilities
- Manage and report on Treasury’s Compulsory Training Program (CTP) and collaborate with CTP business owners to plan for and deliver program improvements
- Design and deliver the Induction program
- Liaise with external training providers and other departments/portfolio agencies
- Administer Treasury’s Learning Management System, including reporting and governance
- Administer and develop study assistance, postgraduate study awards and rewards and recognition policy and initiatives
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for a highly experienced L&D professional to fill our EL1, Assistant Director Learning and Development role. The Assistant Director leads and manages a small team who are responsible for designing, developing and implementing strategies and programs that focus on building professional and technical capabilities that enable our workforce to meet Treasury’s strategic objectives and outcomes.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience driving successful L&D outcomes within an organisation, technical L&D expertise, and leadership experience to guide and mentor team members to build capability. This role also requires a high level of stakeholder engagement and the ability to partner with business areas and external providers to identify and deliver fit for purpose L&D solutions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications or certifications in human resources, preferably in L&D, corporate education, learning programs design and delivery, or training and assessment.
- At least five years’ experience in L&D
- At least two years’ experience in a leadership position, preferably in the L&D space
- Solid technical L&D expertise and experience in needs analysis, design, development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of L&D strategies, policies, courses and programs (including e-, virtual and blended learning)
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement, communication and facilitation skills
- Very strong data and technology skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, and L&D computer software and systems.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results