Treasury Temporary Employment Register - APS Level 4 - Executive Level 2
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth
- APS Level 4, APS Level 5, APS Level 6, Executive Level 1, Executive Level 2
The Treasury is a respected and influential central economic agency that is at the forefront of providing economic advice to the Government that supports the effective management of the Australian economy. We are a professional and diverse workforce that draws on the judgement and expertise of our people to respond to the evolving and challenging environment in which we operate. If you want to thrive individually, develop strong affiliations with your co-workers and value work that impacts the lives of all Australians then consider a position with us.
We are a culturally aware agency and we encourage applications from all eligible applicants including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, Australians with a disability, those who identify as lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender/gender diverse, intersex and queer and those who are culturally and linguistically diverse.
Treasury is comprised of five main groups:
- Fiscal Group
- Macroeconomic Group
- Markets Group
- Revenue Group
- Corporate and Foreign Investment Group
About the register
The register allows the department to source appropriately skilled and experienced applicants to meet our priorities and objectives with a diverse and high performing workforce. Positions available through the register will be non-ongoing (up to 18 months) and dependant on business requirements.
Your application on the Temporary Employment Register will remain active until 15 December 2022.
Opportunities will predominantly be available in Treasury’s Canberra office, however there may be some roles in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth based on operational requirements.
Current Australian Public Service (APS) employees are encouraged to apply through the Treasury Critical Workforce Register.
About our ideal candidates
We are seeking candidates with a wide range of experience and diverse skill sets. Talented and passionate individuals who have the ability to work collaboratively to deliver the ideas and advice that will help Australia meet the challenges of the future are encouraged to apply.
We welcome interest from people seeking strong rewards and recognition, a flexible work approach and those with the ability to develop collaborative relationships with managers and co-workers. Your previous private or public sector experience will assist to drive fresh thinking and increase organisational capability and creativity into our operations, policies and practices. Ideally you will have:
- strong initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- a collaborative approach which enables you to work well in a team
- well developed organisational skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- a flexible and adaptable approach with a high level of resilience
Priority areas of skills and experience
We strongly encourage you to register immediately if you have any of the following skills and experience:
- Accounting: roles for APS external budget specialists, management accountants and financial accountants (APS5 – EL1 level)
- Human Resources: workforce planning and data, HR strategy, recruitment and talent attraction (APS4-APS6)
- Executive Assistant: opportunities currently exist at the APS4-5 level
- ICT: APS5 – EL1 roles for business analysts, project managers, Dynamics/CRM developer, network engineers
- Legal: drafting consultation papers and legislation, undertaking regulatory assessments (APS5 – 6 level)
- Finance: technical understanding of financial services/insurance/mortgage broker industry and regulatory frameworks (APS5 -6 level)
- Data: analytical and statistical capabilities, trend analysis and report preparation (APS5 – EL1)
- Procurement: understanding of APS procurement frameworks, grants and associated legislation (APS5 – EL1)
- Policy: research and analysis, drafting reports and correspondence (APS5 – EL1 level)
- Communications: strategic communication and event management, managing internal and external communication content, delivering communications products to support business
Employees of Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results