113-2021 - APS5-APS6, Economist, Strategic Policy Coordination Branch
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Economics, Policy
About the Group
Corporate and Foreign Investment Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of five divisions — Information Services, Chief Financial Officer, People and Organisational Strategy, Foreign Investment and Strategic Coordination and Communications — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement as well as being responsible for administering Australia’s foreign investment laws and providing advice to the Government on foreign investment policy.
About the Role
Treasury is seeking Economists to join the Strategic Policy and Coordination Branch.
The Strategic Policy and Coordination Branch brings together Treasury-wide strategic policy advice by working collaboratively with other divisions to progress cross-cutting issues.
The Branch progresses policy projects commissioned by the Executive Board, coordinates Treasury’s COVID response and Strategic Issues Briefs, and produces a range of whole-of-department reporting products and policy processes.
The successful candidate will need to:
- generate innovative solutions, share ideas, and gather and critically analyse information
- provide high-quality briefings and publications on key issues within the Treasury Portfolio
- communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- undertake research and analysis on a broad range of topical issues
- show flexibility and resilience while working in a fluid environment
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
The successful applicant will have experience:
- developing policy and applying economic principles to potential reforms
- applying data and statistical skills to policy problems
- presenting policy ideas and other outputs to staff and management
- working effectively in a fast-paced and shifting environment
An undergraduate qualification and experience in an economic/quantitative field is highly desirable.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results