EL1, IT Network Engineer
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Information/Communications Technology (ICT)
About the role
The Treasury is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and committed IT Network Engineer to join its internal IT Data Communications team, based in the Canberra office. The team is part of the Information Services Branch in Corporate and Foreign Investment Group.
The IT Data Communications Team is responsible for administration and management of Treasury’s PROTECTED network access including domestic and overseas WAN connectivity, gateway environment and datacentre as well as Wi-Fi, instant messaging, video, conferencing and collaboration environment. The role may entail some work related travel and a requirement to participate in the team on call roster.
This team is one of the most visible IT teams, known for their reliable, timely and efficient service to Treasury staff and clients. Strong leadership, sound analytical skills, excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to provide consistent high levels of service are critical to the success of this role.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated routing and switching experience across standards based and proprietary (E.G. Cisco IOS) network operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise grade firewalls and gateway environment.
- Experience applying security compliance in accordance with the ISM.
- Sound understanding of Network based routing concepts like BGP and OSPF.
- Understanding of technologies such as multicast, load balancing, high-availability and routing.
- Knowledge of Aruba and Cisco WLC and AP infrastructure, Clearpass, Cisco ICSE and MDM integration.
- Knowledge of SIP based telephony and conferencing, knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco telephone handsets, Cisco WebEx video conferencing units, Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) and Webex / Jabber messaging.
- Ability to troubleshoot end to end network issues across a range of devices.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Ability to make sound decisions based on business outcomes.
- High level negotiations skills and ability to maintain positive, close working relationships with other support teams and service providers.
- Network and systems monitoring, experience with tools such as Microsoft SCOM and PRTG.
- Experience administrating or supporting technologies such as Cisco IOS and SD-WAN, Palo Alto Networks, F5 Networks Big-IP,
- Knowledge of design of physical network and collaboration technology for new and existing office and conference room fit outs.
- Understanding of audio visual technology and how products like IPTV can integrate with network collaboration technologies with an interest in innovating in this space.
Desirable qualifications / experience
- Cisco CCNA / CCNP and an interest in continuing to continue to broaden knowledge and training in collaboration technologies.
- Other relevant vendor based training / industry certification (relevance as per above technologies).
- A degree and/or tertiary qualifications or industry certifications in ICT, ITIL.
- 5 or more years of experience in Network administration in Federal Government.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results