111-2021 - APS6 Program Officer, Executive Coordination and Governance Branch
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Business, Policy
About Corporate and Foreign Investment Group
Corporate and Foreign Investment Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of five divisions — Information Services, Chief Financial Officer, People and Organisational Strategy, Foreign Investment and Strategic Coordination and Communications — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement as well as being responsible for administering Australia’s foreign investment laws and providing advice to the Government on foreign investment policy.
About the Role
The role is part of the newly established Treasury Program Management Unit.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to support the development and implementation of an enterprise program management framework to ensure all Treasury programs are effectively planned, streamlined and defensible. The framework will be user friendly, repeatable, best-practice and meet all government standards and audit requirements. This is a critical position with the responsibility to help ensure there is a planned, best practice approach to delivery of critical Commonwealth programs.
We are seeking applicants with knowledge and experience of program management and an ability to use this knowledge and experience to develop and implement a program management framework at Treasury. Applicants will have demonstrated experience in supporting the delivery of complex programs. Applicants should have strong communication skills and enjoy developing collaborative stakeholder relationships. They can operate effectively in a strategic environment, have sound judgement and work flexibly in a fast-paced and shifting workplace.
As part of a small team, you will support the development and implementation of a program management framework. Framework development will include establishing:
- Supporting artifacts, systems and process to support enterprise program management
- Development of individual and enterprise program reports and reporting processes
- Integration of program management activities into the extant corporate performance risk, planning and performance cycle
- Implementation of appropriate business/governance processes to support programs and ensure efficient sustainment into the future
- External panel arrangements
- Provide advice and support to stakeholders including senior management on issues related to program delivery including emerging and ongoing risks, issues and opportunities
In this role, you will also:
- work with people across the department and external service providers to improve program outcomes; and
- prepare high quality papers and briefings on programs for a range of departmental committees and forums, including coordination and consultation as required.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Qualifications in Program/Project management
- Relevant business/work experience in lieu of a tertiary qualification will be considered favourably
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity and on how to apply please refer to the Position Description.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results