94-2021 - APS Level 6 Communications Officer, Small and Family Business Division
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
About Small and Family Business Division (Payment Performance Branch)
The Division provides policy advice to Government and other portfolios on small and family business issues and delivers initiatives to assist the Government develop a competitive and productive environment for small and family businesses.
The Payment Performance Branch provides advice on payment times to small business from large businesses and governments through the Payment Times Procurement Connected Policy and the Payments Times Reporting Scheme (the Scheme). The Branch also supports the Payment Times Reporting Regulator, providing regulatory oversight of the Scheme, including delivery of supporting ICT infrastructure, as well as compliance and enforcement of the Scheme.
The Scheme requires large businesses to report twice yearly on their payment times to small businesses. Content of the Payment Times Reports will be available on a public Register, allowing small businesses and the public to review the information and choose with whom they do business.
About the Role
The Communications Officer will contribute to the development of education and awareness activities to foster compliance by reporting entities.
The successful candidate will:
- draft and maintain a variety of written and visual communication products, including guidelines, fact sheets, presentations, brochures, checklists, and news articles;
- draft written communications to reporting entities explaining the requirements of the Scheme, how to comply and critical compliance dates;
- assist with organising and developing artefacts to support Regulator events, public appearances, webinars, presentations, interviews and meetings; and
- monitor and draft responses to stakeholder feedback and inquiries, ministerial correspondence, briefs and media announcements.
The successful candidate will also:
- work flexibly to rigid timeframes, recognising changes in priorities while remaining engaged and productive;
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing both internally within the Treasury, and externally with other government departments, agencies, and stakeholders;
- be open, accountable and of high integrity; and
- build and maintain productive internal and external working relationships.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- experience in drafting government communications materials for an external audience (essential)
- experience in stakeholder engagement or event management (essential)
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related fields (desirable)
- experience in using online applications to develop visual communications artefacts (desirable)
- intermediate experience with electronic document and management systems (desirable)
- intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel (desirable)
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
This recruitment process is being used to fill immediate opportunities in the Regulator’s Office. A merit pool may be established to fill similar APS Level 6 vacancies in the future, should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results