93-2021 - APS5 - EL1 Analyst, Senior Analyst, and Assistant Director, Budget Policy Division
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- Economics, Accounting, Public Policy, Administration
About the Division
Treasury is looking for talented, team-orientated, and highly motivated staff to fill a number of Analyst, Senior Analyst, and Assistant Director positions in the Budget Policy Division (BPD).
BPD supports sound and informed Government decision-making, promotes strong and sustainable fiscal settings and supports Government accountability, public trust and transparency. The division is unique within Treasury in having visibility across the whole policy landscape and fiscal position. BPD officers work collaboratively across Treasury, with the Department of Finance and the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, and with external organisations (such as Australian Office of Financial Management).
BPD has a strong and inclusive team culture, that values empowering all staff to perform at their best.
About the role
Your responsibilities could include:
- delivering budget updates and drafting budget material, including working with other teams across Treasury to innovate how budget is delivered
- monitoring and analysing the fiscal outlook and debt position across the forward estimates and the medium term
providing advice to Government and Treasury senior executives on progress against the Economic and Fiscal Strategy and budget priorities
- undertaking research and analysis on a range of topical issues, including the use of fiscal policy in supporting economic recovery.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates who:
- can work effectively in a fast-paced and shifting environment
- have enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- have demonstrated initiative and sound judgment
- are team players who can develop and sustain productive working relationships
- are comfortable working with data (not required for all roles)
- are organised and possess strong co-ordination skills.
Successful Assistant Director applicants will also need to:
- build team capability through coaching others, providing performance feedback, conflict resolution and encouraging career development
- recommend strategic directions for their unit, and effectively manage contending priorities when achieving outcomes
- work collaboratively with the Director to build team capability and deliver on team outcomes
- act as the Director on occasion.
Applications should clearly identify the level applied for.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
Tertiary qualification(s) in finance, business, including, but not limited to, economics, accounting or public policy.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with two years' relevant experience for APS5 roles, three to four years' experience for APS6 roles, and at least five years’ relevant work experience for EL1 roles.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results