91-2021 Senior, APS Level 6, Workforce Strategy Officer, People and Organisational Strategy Branch
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Human Resources (HR)
About the Role
Treasury is seeking an innovative and experienced Senior Workforce Strategy Officer to join their Organisational Strategy Team. The Team is responsible for contributing to organisational strategy by driving and delivering Workforce Planning, and Inclusion and Diversity outcomes for the enterprise.
The ideal Senior Workforce Strategy Officer will possess knowledge of best practice strategy and have experience in developing and delivering on HR projects. They will have a strong capacity to analyse, understand and communicate workforce information in an accessible, engaging, and informative way. They will be strategic thinkers and problem-solvers with excellent communication skills.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to inform and shape some of the Treasury’s workforce strategies, projects, and products. As a Senior Workforce Strategy Officer you will contribute to the development, delivery and implementation of workforce strategy and plans. Working under the general direction of, and supporting, the Assistant Directors you will work both independently and as part of a team. The main duties of the roles include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating strategic and practical plans to address strategic workforce matters,
- Undertaking labour market and workforce research and analysis to inform organisational strategies and support workforce planning decisions,
- Coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of various strategic programs and initiatives,
- Providing subject matter expertise across a broad range of matters related to workforce planning and diversity and inclusion strategy,
- Engaging with different stakeholders, including internal personnel and networks, APSC groups, APS agencies and external providers, and
- Preparing correspondence, written reports, publications, and briefs that are informative and aligned with requirements, and to respond to Agency and/or Government requests.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
The preferred candidate for the role will:
- Have demonstrated experience as a human resources and/or workforce planning or business strategy practitioner,
- Have experience in project management preferably Human Resources related,
- Have highly developed communication and stakeholder management skills, and
- Be able to comprehend data and derive insights from multiple sources to support analysis effectively and efficiently.
Ideally, the preferred candidate will also:
- Understand the current context and issues relevant to the APS workforce or possess the ability to quickly gain this understanding.
Possess the ability to work effectively in a small team and independently, when required.
- Possess the ability to communicate professionally with others and respond to their needs and expectations.
- Have tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Business or Workforce Planning and/or related discipline.
- Have experience using Aurion, or similar, Human Resource Management Information System, to extract data and producing management reports.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results