90-2021 - Executive Level 1, Assistant Director, Cyber Security
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- Information/Communications Technology (ICT), Security
About the Branch
Information Services Branch (ISB) provides corporate services information technology services, project management, applications development, information management, cyber security and protective security.
About the Role
The Cyber Security Unit is responsible for all aspects of Information technology security within the Department, with wider Cyber security responsibilities within the portfolio. In this role you will work in a team that supports a wide range of corporate and business applications, and ensure that Treasury’s IT systems, networks and infrastructure are secure.
The successful candidate will report to the IT Security Advisor (ITSA).
The Assistant Director, Cyber Security (GRC) is responsible for:
- assisting in the management of departmental security systems
- designing and administering new security systems
- being an active member and represent cyber security at the change advisor board (CAB) and design authority meetings (DA)
- development and coordination of security risk assessments, and the development and implementation of information security policy, standards and frameworks within Treasury
- performing system assurance, auditing and reporting activities as well as developing security policies and procedures, to ensure risks are managed and the ICT environment is compliant with the PSPF, ISM and Essential Eight (E8)
- conducting security risk management plans (SRPM) and system security plans (SSP) for new or updated systems
- providing advice and implementing security controls for Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365 as well as other Cloud tools used at the Treasury
- conducting vulnerability assessments on strategic departmental assets
- business engagement and liaison activities between cyber security and business areas as well as other external stakeholders
- the security culture of the organisation by providing formal and ad hoc advice and delivering security briefings and security awareness training when required
- working closely with the Director (Cyber Security)/IT Security Advisor (ITSA), the Cyber Security Operations Team as well as Director (Protective Security) and other IT Operations Teams to ensure comprehensive and PSPF/ISM compliant security documentation is established and maintained, and that comprehensive work plans and reporting frameworks are also in place
- providing advice on departmental security policies and processes, and
- conducting security incident response tasks
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Qualification(s) in a relevant field, including but not limited to, cyber security and/or ICT.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Cyber Security.
- Experience in technical security, other security fields and/or ICT is desirable.
- Experience in dealing with high levels of classified material in a multi-classified environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide timely, compelling and concise advice to inform executive members and senior management to support decision making.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team to achieve high performance and meet organisational and business goals.
- Demonstrated experience in risk management, policy and strategy development.
- Demonstrated experience in a government context.
- Experience with hybrid environment including on-premise and multi-cloud platform.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results