89-2021 - APS Level 2, Intern, Macroeconomic Conditions Division
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time, Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Economics, Research, Administration
About the Division
Macroeconomic Conditions Division (MECD) in Macroeconomic Group provides advice on economic conditions in Australia and internationally and produces the Government’s economic forecasts and long-term economic projections.
We are seeking an intern to contribute to the division’s analysis of the economic outlook and the production of economic forecasts. The successful candidate will bring an enthusiasm and aptitude for detailed economic analysis or using macroeconomic models with strong communication and engagement skills and the ability to work closely on projects with other parts of Treasury and the Australian Public Service.
As an intern you will have a range of responsibilities including:
- undertaking modelling and data analysis tasks with supervision from managers, team leaders and other APS staff;
undertaking projects, conducting research and analysis and providing advice on matters relevant to Treasury’s Macroeconomic Group (MEG); and
- assisting in the preparation of reports, briefings to Treasury Ministers, submissions to Cabinet, speeches, interventions in international meetings, replies to parliamentary questions and other correspondence.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
Our ideal candidate will be:
- completing an undergraduate qualification or higher in a quantitative field, such as economics, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, accounting or similar
- interested in the development or application of economic models and techniques.
Prior experience in economic modelling, is not essential, noting that we offer training to new staff.
Candidates in later years of study are preferred and must be able to work at least 2 days per week.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description for further information about this opportunity and how to apply.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results