51-2021 - APS5-APS6, Policy Analysts and Senior Policy Analysts, Environment, Industry and Infrastructure Division
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- ACT, Canberra
- Policy, Public Policy
The Treasury is seeking a number of enthusiastic and thoughtful Policy Analysts to join the Environment, Industry and Infrastructure Division (EIID).
About Environment, Industry and Infrastructure Division
Environment, Industry and Infrastructure Division (EIID) sits within Treasury’s Fiscal Group.
Our objective is to be a trusted source of good ideas about government policies that will secure strong, sustainable economic growth for present and future Australians. We advise the Treasurer about a wide range of issues, including agriculture, water, environment, industry, science, energy, climate change, infrastructure, transport, regional development and communications policy.
We support the delivery of the annual federal budget and other economic updates, and monitor impacts of disruptions on the economy so that we can identify and champion ideas to support regions, sectors or industries under stress. We also collaborate with other departments, academics, business, think-tanks and the broader community to help us provide the best advice to government.
- interesting work in a dynamic and fast paced environment;
- a high degree of autonomy in small, flat team structures;
- a range of options for flexible work, including a combination of work from home/office, and a focus on staff wellbeing; and
- a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our ideal candidates
We are looking for people who are imaginative and collaborative and bring strong critical thinking skills to seek creative solutions to complex policy problems.
The successful applicants will be expected to demonstrate initiative and judgement and be motivated to deliver results. They will have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to build and maintain productive working relationships. They will also be able to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple priorities.
About the roles
A Senior Policy Analyst (APS6 level) or Policy Analyst (APS5 level) will have a range of responsibilities including:
- contributing to the development of advice on a wide range of complex policy issues, drawing on strong policy frameworks and information and analysis gathered from diverse sources;
- preparing briefings to ministers and senior executives, including for Cabinet committee meetings, and drafting material for various fiscal and economic updates (eg, the annual federal budget);
- building relationships with key stakeholders, both within the Treasury and with other government departments, as well as representing the Treasury in external forums; and
- actively contributing to a strong, positive and inclusive divisional culture.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant field, including, but not limited to, economics, law, commerce, public policy.
- Ideally, we are looking for candidates with two years’ relevant experience for APS5 roles and three to four years’ experience for APS6 roles.
- Experience in one or more of the following will be particularly well-regarded:
– Government policy development and analysis
– Regulatory experience
– Relevant private sector experience.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and must hold a current security clearance or successfully complete a clearance prior to commencement.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results