About Corporate and Foreign Investment Group
Corporate and Foreign Investment Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of five divisions — Information Services, Chief Financial Officer, People and Organisational Strategy, Foreign Investment and Strategic Coordination and Communications — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement as well as being responsible for administering Australia’s foreign investment laws and providing advice to the Government on foreign investment policy.
About the Role
This role supports Treasury’s risk, performance and governance functions. It ensures the Treasury has fit-for-purpose and better practice frameworks, processes and policies in place so it can achieve its performance objectives and continue to be accountable for its operations.
As part of a small team, you will contribute to risk, performance and governance functions, including:
• supporting the work of the team through providing risk, performance and governance advice, guidance and assistance to areas across Treasury;
• supporting a range of other governance and operational risk work, including business continuity management, and contributing to business process improvements across Treasury and within the team; and
• supporting the delivery of key governance products including the corporate plan, annual report and annual performance statement, and the implementation of the risk management framework, business continuity management and fraud control plan.
In this role, you will also:
• work with people across the department and external service providers to deliver risk and governance outcomes; and
• prepare high quality papers and briefings on risk, performance and governance for a range of departmental committees and forums, including coordination and consultation as required.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
The successful candidate will have:
• demonstrated experience in, and a sound understanding of, risk, performance and governance frameworks;
• highly developed skills in verbal and written communication, time management and analysis.
Relevant qualifications or certifications in risk, performance and governance related disciplines are also highly desirable.
How to apply
Your application should be lodged electronically through our online recruitment system.
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- if possible, the name and contact details of at least one referee;
- your current resume of no more than two pages; and
- your ‘pitch’, referencing the ILS, detailing your relevant skills and experience against the position requirement.