About Corporate and Foreign Investment Group
Corporate and Foreign Investment Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of four divisions — Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Foreign Investment and Strategic Coordination and Communications — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement as well as being responsible for administering Australia’s foreign investment laws and providing advice to the Government on foreign investment policy.
People and Organisational Strategy Branch
People and Organisational Strategy Branch reports to the Chief Operating Officer and supports the Treasury to deliver on its purpose and strategic direction by shaping a highly capable, productive and effective working environment. This includes developing and advising on human resource policies, organisational planning and strategies.
The People and Organisational Strategy Branch includes functions of Performance and Wellbeing, Recruitment and Secondments, Organisational Capability, Employee Relations and Workforce Planning, and Payroll Services.
Recruitment and Secondments
As Treasury responds to an uncertain and complex economic environment, with an expanded role in delivering the Government’s economic priorities, the Recruitment and Secondments function is key to ensuring that Treasury is equipped with a workforce that has the capability to deliver on its priorities.
The Recruitment and Secondments team is responsible for the design, delivery and implementation of Treasury’s Recruitment Strategy and Secondment Program. The team use innovative sourcing methods to attract a diverse workforce with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver on Treasury’s strategic objectives. The team provide expert advice and assistance on all recruitment and secondment related matters.
About the Role
The Treasury is looking for an Executive Level 2, to fill the role of Director, Recruitment and Secondments.
The Director is responsible for leading the team through a period of transformation, building strategic capability, and developing efficient and effective recruitment processes aimed at enhancing the end user experience for both candidates and internal customers. The Director will develop productive relationships with business areas and use contemporary HR practices to enable high quality and timely recruitment outcomes for the Department.
This is a dynamic and strategic role that operates in a high volume operational environment, requiring the ability to work in partnership with key stakeholders, including managers and staff across the Department, and to balance high quality operational activities with longer term strategic outcomes.
The key skills and experience for the role include a demonstrated ability to:
- lead and manage a team to deliver strategic and operational outcomes in a high pressure, high volume environment;
- operate autonomously and in a self-directed manner, and prioritise and triage issues in an effective and efficient way;
- build and sustain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- coach and develop others to ensure strategic value-add services are provided for stakeholders; and
- actively contribute to the leadership of the Branch.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Qualification or certification in Human Resources Management.
- At least five years’ experience in Human Resources leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, implementation, delivery and evaluation of HR Strategies, policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement and communication.
How to apply
Your application should be lodged electronically through our online recruitment system. If you do not have internet access or are experiencing any difficulties lodging your application, please contact the Recruitment Team through (02) 6263 2222 (Option 3) or email@example.com.
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- if possible, the name and contact details of at least one referee;
- your current resume of no more than two pages; and
- your ‘pitch’, referencing the ILS, detailing your relevant skills and experience against the position requirements.