Corporate and Foreign Investment Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of six divisions — Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer, People and Organisational Strategy, Foreign Investment and Strategic Policy Coordination — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement as well as being responsible for administering Australia’s foreign investment laws and providing advice to the Government on foreign investment policy.
About the Role
The Treasury is seeking a dynamic EL1 for a Campaign Manager in the Communications Branch.
The position will be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of large scale Australian Government advertising campaigns within a small team. To be successful in this role you will work in collaboration with the Campaign Director to support ministerial offices, Executive, policy teams and key government agency stakeholders to deliver high quality communications in short timeframes.
The successful applicants will have a proven track record in delivering and managing advertising campaigns. This includes a thorough understanding of the government approval process, managing competing workloads, an ability to respond and adapt to issues quickly and sound attention to detail. You will be required to develop briefings, both formal and informal, across all areas of campaign development, distilling information to core issues and recommendations.
You will also have experience in managing diverse specialists such as researchers, creative agencies, public relations agencies, digital and web developers to deliver advertising materials for mass media as well as below the line approaches. You will be an experienced manager with a focus on delivering quality outcomes and know how to drive the development, implementation and evaluation of advertising campaigns through all relevant processes and approvals.
You will be required to build and maintain strong working relationships with the Treasury portfolio Ministers and their offices, the departmental Executive and policy divisions and provide forthright advice and recommendations throughout the development process.
• Develop and deliver effective and efficient Australian Government advertising campaigns that comply with the relevant guidelines.
• Provide high-level, expert advice and support to Treasury’s executive and portfolio ministers’ offices.
• Develop communication strategies that align with research insights and take in to consideration the environment that activity is being developed in.
• Be confident in briefing agencies (creative, research, public relations, media buying) through written and verbal channels and drive regular meetings to progress work.
• Understand research methodologies, development of questionnaires to achieve insights and an ability to analyse and translate research results for a range of purposes.
• Ensure competing priorities are delivered to a high standard, proactively progress work, respond flexibly to change and identify, resolve and communicate issues as they arise.
• Understand procurement, financial and contract management as part of campaign development.
• Be a senior leader in a small team to deliver key priority advertising campaigns within challenging timeframes.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
• A thorough understanding of the Australian Government advertising process.
• Demonstrated experience in managing and implementing government advertising campaigns.
• Experience in briefing and managing research, creative, public relations and media buying agencies.
• Experience in government communications.