37-2020 - Executive level 1, Assistant Director – Security Operations
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- Business, Security
About Corporate and Foreign Investment Group
Corporate and Foreign Investment Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of five divisions — Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer, People, Organisational Strategy, and Foreign Investment — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement as well as being responsible for administering Australia’s foreign investment laws and providing advice to the Government on foreign investment policy.
About the Role
As the Assistant Director - Security Operations within the Protective Security Team your duties will include:
- Under broad direction undertake complex and/or sensitive work related to the protective security of the Treasury, its tenancies and key stakeholders.
- Manage critical protective security operational programs including:
o Security guarding and Control Room services at Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne Treasury Offices, and for security services clients
o Security zone accreditation and certification program for all Treasury facilities
o Secure container management program
o Secure waste disposal program
o SCEC locksmith services program
o End-to-end electronic security system administration for: Electronic Access Control, Type 1A Security Alarm System, Class 5 Security Alarm System, CCTV system, Electronic Key Management, Visitor Management, others as required
o AFP Close Protection of the Treasurer; operational relationship and financial administration in support of the Treasurer’s Office
- Manage significant financial resources associated with the role, including procurement, physical maintenance contracts, software maintenance contracts, and routine and non-routine matters in support of critical security systems and protective security programs. Work closely with key Chief Financial Officer Division (CFOD) contacts to maintain financial governance.
- Identify, prepare and drive the approval process for protective security-related projects. Identify and manage the consultants and contractor providers associated with protective security projects. Work with ISD Project Management Team and CFOD to discharge projects. Maintain detailed records around completed projects, and draw up operational manuals when commissioning new programs following completion of projects.
- Work with relevant stakeholders at Treasury State Offices to manage the ongoing protective security arrangements at each. Consultation with Office Heads, secretarial staff and security guarding staff. Maintain accurate and up-to-date site security plans, procedures, incident management and contacts.
- Manage the relationships with the full range of stakeholders in relation to the protective security environment of the Treasury tenancy, and the Treasury Building more broadly. Manage relationships, agreements and services to non-Treasury tenants of the building.
- Draft, review and carry out security services agreements and service catalogues with Treasury Portfolio bodies. Maintain close relationships with stakeholders to do so.
- Assist the Director with the management of the Protective Security Team. Lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Team. Lead the Team in the Director’s absence.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A detailed knowledge of Commonwealth procurement processes and associated financial management and administrative activities.
- A record of successful key stakeholder engagement to conduct projects and ongoing operations, management of key ongoing relationships.
- The delivery of security design and implementation of government offices or other facilities, referencing relevant security guidelines and policies.
- The ability to lead a small team, and administer the requirements of a Control Room and guarding team.
- A detailed knowledge, and the ability to provide expert interpretation, of Commonwealth protective security policy.
Highly developed written and oral communication skills are highly desirable.
Attendance at Australian Government security training courses will be looked upon favourably, as will qualifications in the field of Australian Government security.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results