26-2020 - Executive Level 1, Business Manager, Information Services Division
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- Finance, Business, Administration, Information/Communications Technology (ICT)
Corporate and Foreign Investment Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of six divisions — Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer, People and Organisational Strategy, Strategic Policy Coordination and Foreign Investment — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement as well as being responsible for administering Australia’s foreign investment laws and providing advice to the Government on foreign investment policy.
About the Role
The Business Manager holds both leadership and management roles in the Information Services Division. The Business Manager is responsible for implementing and promoting effective financial management framework practices within the division; improving the overall financial and contractual management maturity, including quality assurance of procurement and financial documentation; and tracking / reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of the division. As an arm of the overall governance function, the Business Manager is responsible for supporting and enabling the Information Services Division’s projects, programs and structured work efforts. The Business Manager works collaboratively with the Programme Management Office to ensure investment and sourcing strategies are aligned to the division’s outcomes, and meets the goals set by the Division Head. As an experienced contract manager, the Business Manager will also be expected to manage and / or administer enterprise service arrangements.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and attributes:
• excellent organisational and administrative skills
• ability to align operational activities to strategic objectives
• a strong client and stakeholder focus
• flexibility and pragmatism
• be able to identify, analyse, understand and resolve complex issues.
• Managing the divisional finances including all operating and capital budgets, forecasts, reconciliation, end of month / end of financial year accrual processes and liaison with the Chief Financial Officer Division
• Advising the Division Head and divisional leadership group of sourcing strategies that best deliver business outcomes and are consistent with financial frameworks
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of technology market trends, evolving sources and alternate sources of supply
• Managing and administering contracts and sourcing arrangements for ICT and Security, in line with legislative and departmental policy requirements
• Coordinate management of services agreements with portfolio agencies
• Provide other governance and coordination functions as required by the Division Head.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
• Bachelor or master degree in business administration, finance, information technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Five or more years successfully managing complex and diverse IT financial arrangements.
• Five or more years successfully managing IT procurement and contract management arrangements.
• Demonstrated experience in leveraging whole of Government procurement contracts, arrangements, and initiatives in accordance with relevant policies.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and or influencing diverse teams.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results