About the Role
The Treasury is seeking applications to fill various positions as APS5 Policy Analysts.
As an APS 5 Policy Analyst you will contribute to shaping positive economic outcomes for all Australians. As a member of a team, you will anticipate and analyse policy issues with a whole-of-economy perspective, understand government and stakeholder circumstances, and respond to changing events and directions.
APS5 Policy Analysts have a range of responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to:
• undertaking projects, conducting research and analysis and providing advice on matters relevant to the work of a unit or project team;
• assisting in the preparation of a wide range of legislative materials, including drafting instructions, explanatory materials and a range of products to support the passage of legislation through parliament;
• assisting in the preparation of reports, briefings to Treasury Ministers, submissions to Cabinet, speeches, replies to parliamentary questions and other correspondence; and/or
• supporting and participating in consultation and stakeholder engagement processes.
Successful candidates will:
• support and engage with the future direction of Treasury;
• be responsive to stakeholder needs;
• be flexible and agile to meet immediate needs and future challenges;
• be team-orientated, have energy and determination to succeed;
• be able to make sound decisions and exercise judgment; and
• be open, accountable and of high integrity.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
• Relevant tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant field, including, but not limited to, economics, law, business, finance, public policy, political science and/or mathematics; and
• At least 12-18 months’ relevant work experience is highly desirable.