About The Treasury
The Treasury is a respected and influential central economic agency. We provide authoritative advice and analysis to the Australian Government on a broad range of economic, fiscal, structural, financial and tax policy issues. We also monitor global economic conditions to make sure Australia is well placed to respond to emerging trends.
Treasury provides some of the best opportunities in the public service. Treasury presents a challenging and rewarding career with the opportunity to contribute substantially to Government policy that affects all Australians. The Treasury’s staff are drawn from many professions representing diversity in experience and skills. We seek passionate staff who will work collaboratively to deliver the ideas and advice that will help Australia meet the challenges of the coming years.
Treasury offers attractive salaries and employer superannuation as well as a range of other benefits, including generous leave entitlements, salary packaging and a closedown period over the Christmas holiday.
The Treasury is a flexible, dynamic and diverse workplace with offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
About Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group is seeking applications from high quality corporate professionals with relevant tertiary qualifications or work experience in communications, procurement, finance, IT, legal services, or human resources.
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of four divisions — Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer and People and Organisational Strategy — the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement.
About the Role
The Treasury is seeking dynamic and results-driven professionals to join the Treasury as APS Level 4 and 5 Payroll Officers in the department's Payroll Services Team.
The successful applicant will need to be proficient in a range of computer based applications, be able to respond effectively to enquiries and provide advice as required.
Reporting to the Senior Payroll Team Leader, key duties include:
- processing salary variations and the calculations of allowances, including final entitlements for staff cessations;
- administering superannuation and taxation legislation;
- effecting staff movements and leave records;
- interpreting various relevant legislation and enterprise agreements and advising staff on their entitlements and conditions of service where appropriate;
- engaging with business process improvement initiatives and key strategic projects;
- using systems, computer-based applications and other tools for administration and data entry; and
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- relevant tertiary qualifications and/or work experience is highly desirable;
- demonstrated experience with a Human Resource Information System (HRIS), preferably Aurion;
- previous experience in payroll services;
- strong customer service focus;
- ability to work within a team; and
- to adhere to time frames.
RecruitAbility is a scheme that aims to attract applicants with disability. Applicants who opt in to the scheme and meet the minimum requirements of the role are advanced to a further stage in the selection process. Merit remains the basis for engagement and promotion.
If you identify as a person with a disability, you can ‘opt in’ for RecruitAbility on the application form.
Further information on RecruitAbility is available on the Australian Public Service Commission’s website.