42-2019 - Executive Level 2, Deputy Counsel, Takeovers Panel
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time, Full-time and Part-time
About the Takeovers Panel
The Takeovers Panel is a peer review body that regulates corporate control transactions in widely held Australian entities, primarily by the efficient, effective and speedy resolution of takeover disputes. It is recognised for its commercial and pragmatic approach and has played a major role in ensuring an efficient, competitive and informed market for takeovers and other corporate control transactions.
About the Role
The successful candidate will provide legal analysis and assist in the day-to-day management of applications before the Panel, including high profile matters that are often discussed in the financial pages of Australian newspapers.
It is desirable that the Deputy Counsel has experience in mergers and acquisitions, coupled with high-level interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to be part of a small expert team.
As the Deputy Counsel, Takeovers Panel you will:
- assist in the day to day management of applications before the Panel to ensure their efficient and timely resolution, consistently with the purposes set out in section 602 of the Corporations Act (Cth) 2001, the requirements of the legislation and procedural fairness;
- act as an adviser to the Panel on commercial and legal issues arising under its jurisdiction, subject to supervision;
- assist the Panel in developing law reform proposals, rules, policy and guidance on issues arising under its jurisdiction;
- assist in the Panel’s liaison with related agencies, industry groups, regulatory and professional bodies and external stakeholders on matters relating to the Panel's operations; and
- have a sound knowledge of law, such as general corporations law, contract law and administrative law, and experience in these areas, is desirable.
Qualifications / Experience
It is a prerequisite for the role to be an Australian legal practitioner holding a current practicing certificate.
How to apply
Your application should be lodged electronically through our online recruitment system located at Treasury Careers. If you do not have internet access or are experiencing any difficulties lodging your application, please contact the Recruitment Team through
(02) 6263 2222 (Option 3) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- if possible, the name and contact details of at least one referee;
- your current resume of no more than two pages; and
- a ‘one page pitch’, referencing the ILS, detailing your relevant skills and experience against the position requirement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results