About The Treasury
The Treasury is a respected and influential central economic agency. We provide authoritative advice and analysis to the Australian Government on a broad range of economic, fiscal, structural, financial and tax policy issues. We also monitor global economic conditions to make sure Australia is well placed to respond to emerging trends.
Treasury provides some of the best opportunities in the public service. Treasury presents a challenging and rewarding career with the opportunity to contribute substantially to Government policy that affects all Australians. The Treasury’s staff are drawn from many professions representing diversity in experience and skills. We seek passionate staff who will work collaboratively to deliver the ideas and advice that will help Australia meet the challenges of the coming years.
Treasury offers attractive salaries and employer superannuation as well as a range of other benefits, including generous leave entitlements, salary packaging and a closedown period over the Christmas holiday.
The Treasury is a flexible, dynamic and diverse workplace with offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
About Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group is seeking applications from high quality corporate professionals with relevant tertiary qualifications or work experience in communications, procurement, finance, IT, legal services, or human resources.
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of four divisions – Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer and People and Organisational Strategy – the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement.
About the Role
The Service Desk Officer will provide responsive and reliable IT support to the Department, Ministerial Offices and Client Agencies.
The successful applicant will have:
• Extensive experience in level 1 & 2 IT support;
• A strong understanding of incident management, that is supported by an analytical approach to troubleshooting and problem-solving;
• The ability to work in accordance with the Department’s standards, policies and operating procedures and agreed service levels;
• An understanding of end user hardware, software systems, audio visual technologies and elements that comprise an IT infrastructure;
• A client-focused approach to staff interactions;
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to provide stakeholders with support via the phone, remote tools and in-person;
• Capable of working in collaboration with other technical teams; and
• A willingness to work in rotating shifts, work on-call and work weekends when required.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
• Experience working within a Government IT environment
• IT Service Desk experience
• ITIL Foundation qualification
• Experience in supporting Microsoft products: Windows 7/10, Office 2013/2016, Active Directory, Exchange
RecruitAbility is a scheme that aims to attract applicants with disability. Applicants who opt in to the scheme and meet the minimum requirements of the role are advanced to a further stage in the selection process. Merit remains the basis for engagement and promotion.
If you identify as a person with a disability, you can ‘opt in’ for RecruitAbility on the application form.
Further information on RecruitAbility is available on the Australian Public Service Commission’s website.