APS6-2019 - APS Level 6 - Policy Analysts - Several Positions
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Full-time and Part-time
- Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth
- Econometrics, Economics, Finance, Legal, Policy, Research, Statistics
About the Role
The Treasury is seeking candidates at the APS Level 6 to fill various positions as Policy Analysts.
As an APS Level 6 Policy Analyst you will have a range of responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking projects, conducting research and analysis and providing advice on matters relevant to the work of a unit or project team in the Treasury;
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, briefings to Treasury Ministers, submissions to Cabinet, speeches, replies to parliamentary questions and other correspondence;
- Assisting in the preparation of a wide range of legislative materials, including drafting instructions, explanatory materials and a range of products to support the passage of legislation through parliament; and/or
- Supporting and participating in consultation and stakeholder engagement processes.
Successful candidates will:
- Support and engage with the future direction of the Treasury;
- Be flexible and agile to meet immediate needs and future challenges;
- Be team-orientated, have energy and determination to succeed;
- Be able to make sound decisions and exercise judgment; and
- Be open, accountable and of high integrity.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant field, including, but not limited to, economics, law, business, finance, public policy, political science and/or mathematics; and
- At least three years’ relevant work experience is highly desirable.
How to apply
Your application should be lodged by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of this advertisement.
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- your current resume of no more than two pages;
- a ‘one page pitch’, referencing the ILS, detailing your relevant skills and experience against the position’s requirement; and
- contact details of at least one referee.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results