34-2018 - Executive Level 1 - Team Leader Workforce Analytics, People & Organisational Strategy Division
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Human Resources (HR)
About The Treasury
The Treasury is a respected and influential central economic agency that provides high level advice to the Australian Government on a broad range of economic, fiscal, structural, financial investment and tax policy issues.
Treasury offers attractive salaries and employer superannuation as well as a range of other benefits, including generous leave entitlements, salary packaging and a closedown period over the Christmas holiday.
Treasury is committed to gender equality throughout its workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
About Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of four divisions – Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer and People and Organisational Strategy – the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement.
About the Role
The People and Organisational Strategy Division is looking for a motivated individual to take on a Team Leader Workforce Analytics role at the Executive Level 1. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an emerging leader with an interest in HR metrics, data science and workforce analytics.
The Team Leader Workforce Analytics will play an integral role in a small team that delivers strategic and operational outcomes related to workforce planning. This is a dynamic role that will allow you be involved in department-wide initiatives including:
- workforce planning to build a strategic picture of Treasury's future organisational needs;
- HR reporting for operational and strategic purposes including for annual people cycle processes; and
- people analytics, including analysing data to prepare findings, reports and future strategies.
The role includes project work on short to long term workforce analytics activities, combined with a number of operational reporting functions. Working in a collaborative and dynamic division, the Team Leader Workforce Analytics will have the opportunity to work across teams to lead the development of a range of people strategies using HR metrics.
Team Leader Duties include:
- Leading and supporting a team to deliver short term operational and strategic outcomes.
- Developing and implementing work plans that provide direction for the work area and ensure continuity of operations.
- Managing projects and coordinating HR strategy implementation and People Cycle activities.
- Providing high level specialist technical/professional advice on specific issues and HR policy.
- Engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities, ensure positive outcomes and facilitate cooperation.
- Identifying, establishing and implementing improvement initiatives to POSD services, processes and systems.
- Leading the project management and coordination of APS Employee Census and APS Agency Survey activities
- Leading the provision of regular monthly and quarterly reports to a range of stakeholders.
- Presenting data in a variety of engaging ways to inform stakeholders of key messages, trends and issues
- Providing data reports and analysis to support the development and evaluation of various Treasury strategies.
The person we are looking for will:
- demonstrate strong business orientation and client focus in delivering corporate services to the Treasury;
- be action oriented, proactively developing team plans and prioritising the work of a team with limited instruction or guidance;
- operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and objectives;
- possess strong communication skills (written and verbal) to support stakeholder liaison and coordination tasks;
- have strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to produce highly quality work within a timely manner;
- have an aptitude to quickly pick up processes and gauge an environment, and apply that knowledge to inform fit for purpose processes and strategies;
- be able to present data in a variety of engaging and informative ways;
- have demonstrated data management and data analysis skills; expert level excel skills; and an understanding of survey design;
- have strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to extract, manipulate and present data using appropriate methodologies within a timely manner; and
- have an aptitude to quickly pick up on processes, and apply that knowledge to inform data extraction and analysis.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
Successful candidates should have demonstrated experience working in workforce analytics, workforce planning and people reporting functions. Experience leading teams is highly desirable. A professional qualification or evidence of progress towards a qualification in a relevant field (for example, data analytics, human resources, statistics etc.) is desirable.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results