35-2018 - APS Level 6 - Analyst, Employee Relations and Wellbeing - People and Organisational Strategy Division
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Human Resources (HR)
About Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of four divisions – Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer and People and Organisational Strategy – the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement.
About the Role
The Treasury is looking for an engaged and passionate employee relations specialist to fill the role of Analyst – Employee Relations and Wellbeing.
The focus of the role will be on:
- managing the annual Performance Development System (PDS) cycle and the probation process for new employees, including providing expert advice and interpretation on the application of policies and guidelines;
- supporting managers and staff to resolve cases of underperformance and providing associated employee relations advice; and
- contributing to the analysis and reporting of information including, for example, quantitative and qualitative outcomes of performance development and probation systems, staff surveys and project based initiatives.
The key skills and experience for the role include a demonstrated ability to:
- provide accurate and specialised employee relations advice in relation to performance and probation management, including anticipating problems and contributing to issues management;
- make decisions using sound judgment, expertise and knowledge, under limited direction from the team leader and manager, on tasks with considerable complexity and sensitivity, demonstrating ownership and personal accountability;
- develop and support complex relationships with internal stakeholders;
- analyse information, draw accurate conclusions and report findings persuasively; and
- conduct regular quality assurance of work area processes and manage identified risks.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
Demonstrated experience in performance management and probation processes, including experience in the application of employment frameworks, policies and guidelines. Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills are essential.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button to start your application. As part of your application you will need to provide:
- your current resume of no more than four pages;
- a ‘one page pitch’ (see below) detailing your relevant skills and experience against the position requirement; and
- If possible, please provide details of two referees on the application form. We will discuss any referee contact with you prior to approaching your referees.
Download the selection criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now Refer a friendBack to search results