About The Treasury
The Treasury is a respected and influential central economic agency. We provide authoritative advice and analysis to the Australian Government on a broad range of economic, fiscal, structural, financial and tax policy issues. We also monitor global economic conditions to make sure Australia is well placed to respond to emerging trends.
Treasury provides some of the best opportunities in the public service. Treasury presents a challenging and rewarding career with the opportunity to contribute substantially to Government policy that affects all Australians. The Treasury’s staff are drawn from many professions representing diversity in experience and skills. We seek passionate staff who will work collaboratively to deliver the ideas and advice that will help Australia meet the challenges of the coming years.
Treasury offers attractive salaries and employer superannuation as well as a range of other benefits, including generous leave entitlements, salary packaging and a closedown period over the Christmas holiday.
The Treasury is a flexible, dynamic and diverse workplace with offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
About Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group is seeking applications from high quality corporate professionals with relevant tertiary qualifications or work experience in communications, procurement, finance, IT, legal services, or human resources.
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of four divisions – Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer and People and Organisational Strategy – the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement.
About the Role
Treasury is looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to work in the IT Infrastructure Team within Information Services Division. The successful candidate will maintain a strong customer service focus while delivering a broad range of technical services to the Treasury and its stakeholders.
The IT Infrastructure Team is responsible for the administration and management of Treasury’s core server infrastructure, including but not limited to the following technologies: Microsoft technologies, Email systems, VMware virtualization technologies, enterprise storage and data protection solutions, Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructure platform
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated strong generalist skills in most of the following technologies:
- Microsoft technology stack (ADDS, ADFS, ADCS, DNS/DHCP, Group policy, PowerShell, SCOM, SCCM)
- VMware technology stack (ESXi, vSphere/vCenter, NSX, vRA)
- Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Enterprise data-protection and backup solutions (Commvault v10+, disaster recovery planning)
- Demonstrated capability to scope, plan and execute on small projects; engage with stakeholders, manage risk and balance competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work within a small, autonomous, multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic environment
- Mentor and provide support to other teams
- Engage and collaborate with peer support teams, business stakeholders and vendors
- The proven ability to contribute to strategic planning. Including assisting to develop or investigate technical solutions and roadmaps aligned to the strategic direction of the organisation
- Demonstrable analytical and troubleshooting capabilities; ability to analyse complex hardware/software issues; engage with peer support teams and vendors to coordinate solutions
- Experience or knowledge in the following technologies:
- Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure, O365, SAAS)
- Networking - Mellanox/Cumulus, F5 NLB
- Cyber Security
- Microsoft SQL 2012+
- The successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting 1 security clearance, with the ability to upgrade to a Negative Vetting 2 security clearance.