About The Treasury
The Treasury is a respected and influential central economic agency that provides high level advice to the Australian Government on a broad range of economic, fiscal, structural, financial investment and tax policy issues.
Treasury offers attractive salaries and employer superannuation as well as a range of other benefits, including generous leave entitlements, salary packaging and a closedown period over the Christmas holiday.
Treasury is committed to gender equality throughout its workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
About Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group is seeking applications from high quality corporate professionals with relevant tertiary qualifications or work experience in communications, procurement, finance, IT, legal services, or human resources.
Corporate Services and Business Strategy Group delivers strategic advice and high quality services and support to the department, portfolio Ministers and agencies through a wide range of activities, including information technology, communications, finance and people management.
Made up of four divisions – Information Services, Communications and Parliamentary, Chief Financial Officer and People and Organisational Strategy – the Group collaborates across Treasury and has a strong focus on being responsive, innovative and building a culture of continuous improvement.
About the Role
The Treasury is seeking high performing Executive Level 2 officers to undertake manager positions in the Chief Financial Officer Division.
The Executive Level 2 Accountant/Manager will undertake a range of responsibilities which may include:
• Leading a small team and managing the work activity of the administered/departmental financial accounting teams and financial frameworks team.
• Providing high level accounting/financial framework and related technical advice and recommendations on matters.
• Working in partnership with a range of stakeholders to provide strategic accounting and financial framework advice, including on procurement and taxation issues.
• Preparation of financial statements, including managing the relationship with the ANAO and the preparation of accounting position papers.
• Managing end of month financial reporting.
• Managing the treasury function.
• Maintain Treasury’s financial framework, including Accountable Authority Instructions, Financial Delegations and associated operational guidance, and manage assess compliance against the framework.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
• Demonstrated analytical skills and an ability to communicate effectively and confidently.
• Commitment to client services and highly developed interpersonal skills to build relationships.
• Tertiary qualifications in accounting and/or commerce are considered essential for the accounting roles.
• A professional accounting qualification is highly desirable for the accounting roles.
• A detailed knowledge of financial law, including the PGPA Act and procurement rules, and taxation law, is highly desirable for the financial frameworks role.
• Experience in leading teams, particularly in times of change, and developing staff.